At Pylon Electronics, Wescan Calibration, and JEM Precision, we continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and have put measures in place that protect the health and safety of the public and our employees.
Since our companies provide vital support to the medical, production and manufacturing, telecom, and transportation sectors, amongst others, we are considered an essential service and will remain open for business.
We are here to support our clients, and our teams are ready to find the best solution to support other essential businesses during this challenging time. Our labs are processing equipment within expected turn-around times to the best of our abilities.
All our staff members who have job functions that can be performed at home will do so. We will also maintain the following administrative changes to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff and customers:
- All front office doors are locked, and we will not allow salespeople or solicitors to enter any of our facilities.
- Equipment is to be dropped off or picked up at shipping and receiving departments.
- We will not be accepting cash payments at this time. Payments can be made VIA debit, credit card, or can be given to our customer service departments by phone.
- We will not be signing packing slips or any forms at this time, nor will we be requesting customers to sign our shipping lists.
- Our pickup and delivery services, where available, will continue a modified schedule. Again, we will not be signing paperwork or requesting signatures.
- All our staff will implement social distancing (2-meter distance) and we would ask the same of our customers when on our premises. This directive also applies when our staff are performing onsite work at customer facilities.
- We have implemented additional cleaning procedures for incoming and outgoing equipment and containers and cleaning workstations and high contact areas on a regular basis throughout each day. Our logistics staff and drivers are wearing gloves for an additional level of protection.
Please note, we are not currently experiencing any supplier shortages that could impact our ability to continue servicing our customer’s calibration needs.
To make the best of this unfortunate situation, if you are experiencing downtime due to work slowdowns or stoppages, this could be the opportunity to have high use machines/equipment calibrated while they are not being used. This may help you to mitigate start-up demand and prevent workflow interruptions when things do return to normal. We will do our best to help.
For customers with on-site service needs or currently scheduled work, we are actively working with our clients to arrange dates that all parties are comfortable with.
We will continue to keep you informed of any ongoing changes, but feel free to check with our customer service department for up to date details and to answer any questions. We value your business and hope that you and everyone at your organization stay safe and healthy.